Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pre-K




Last week was Kaitlyn's first day of pre-k. She was a bit anxious at first because she was starting at a new place and didn't know anyone but she loves it and has made tons of friends. It is fun to have a girl prepare for school. She had decided a week before school started that she wanted her hair curly so asked me to braid it the day before. She also wanted her clothes laid out and ready for the next day. She looked so adorable and so grown up. She goes 4 mornings a week. Alyssa and I miss her but I think I miss her the most - she is such a great babysitter of Alyssa that I had forgotten how it is to shower while watching a toddler.

7 comments:

Catie said...

So grown up!! Her hair is darling and makes her look so big. It is so funny the differences between boys and girls. I lay David's clothes out every night for the next school day and every night he says, "Mommy, why do I have to put my clothes out? I'll just get them in the morning!"

Amy said...

She looks so cute. It's so fun to watch them grow up and see that natural love of learning. Caite was the same way with laying her clothes out (but she has to wear a uniform)...so girly...I love it!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Look at that hair...it's so long & it's getting darker! Seriously? Pre-K? I remember hanging out with Bryson while you were bringing her home from the hospital!

Jacquelyn said...

Wow, Kaitlyn! You have grown up so much! Have fun at school!

The Walker Family said...

She does look so grown up! Look how long her hair has gotten, too! My kids have their clothes laid out as well...and Emma picks her hair accessories as well (limited as they are because they must match the uniform...). Girls ARE drastically different than boys..how fun!!

karen garner said...

Wow - what a cutie - give her lots and lots of hugs and kisses from Grandma. You can tell she loves being a princess.

Emily S. said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how grown up she looks! What a cutie!