Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love you Catie

Thanks Catie for being such an inspiration to all of us. Steve said it perfectly when he said, "Even as she was facing cancer and death and everything that entails, I could always see happiness in her eyes and in her smile." We loved the story that was shared about the "be happy" campaign that she started with her family one year ago when they had found out the cancer had returned to her lungs. I will forever cherish the time I was able to spend with her on her last day on this earth, she spent her time building me up and making sure I knew how much she loved me. She was always like this and such an inspiration of someone who made every person she knew feel important and loved.

http://steve-catie.blogspot.com/

These photos are from November 2008 when Catie and I went to Chicago for the weekend. I will always cherish all those "ordinary" moments we had.


5 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I was so sad to hear of her passing. I know what a good friend she "is" to you & that you treasure her dearly. It is difficult to be separated from those we love - may you (& Catie's family) find peace in a loving Heavenly Father's plan of happiness...sending hugs. We love you.

MariLouise said...

Thanks, Dacia, for posting about Catie. I miss her so much already.

Heidi said...

So sorry, Dacia. She sounds like such a great person. Hope you can find joy and peace and focus on the happy memories. I'm thinking of you!

Anne said...

Seeing you two together is such a delightful blast from the past. I will always picture the two of you as dear friends. it's hard for me to think of one of you, without the other. I can see you now walking the dish, working on our FHE packets, exchanging recipes, and laughing your heads off. I will be missing her right with you.

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

I was so sad to hear that you lost your dear friend Catie. In just reading your sweet words and taking a look at their blog, I only wish I got to meet her. I have been thingking of you and her family this last week. We love you and can't waite to live only an hour away:)