Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sports


Bryson and his good friend and fellow baseball player, Collin Johnson


Bryson had his end of the season baseball party last night. His coach, Rick Johnson, got the Boilermaker Special (a train on wheels) for everyone to ride. They even got to ride it right past our house!



Bryson had a great season. He is now playing All Stars with 4-5 practices a week and the tournament the beginning of July!






Kaitlyn finished her soccer season the middle of May. She was very successful with several goals! She loved having her dad as her assistant coach!






On May 8th Kevin and Brody ran the Indianapolis 500 Mini Marathon! It is the largest half marathon in the country, with 35,000 participants! They ran to the Indy 500 Speedway, around it, and back. They started about 2/3 of the way back in the crowd and from the time the race started, it took them almost 25 minutes just to reach the starting point. When they officially started the race, the people in front were already to mile 5. For the entire 13.1 miles, there wasn't a moment that they were not surrounded by other people.





This was Kevin's first race and he did great! Thanks Brody for coming from Washington DC to run it with Kevin. Next time I plan to join you guys!!!

5 comments:

The Thackers said...

Way to go, Kevin! It's such a fun race! I've run it a few times (before I had babies) and LOVED it! I love all the random people playing instruments or music or dancing for the runners on the sidelines. Too funny. Dacia, maybe I should plan to run it next year with you and Kevin. That would definitely give me something to work for!! I'm officially thinking about it...:-)

The Walker Family said...

That's awesome, Kevin! That's a race that looks like it was crazy with all those people!!!

Rochelle said...

I didn't see you in the sports pics? Isn't being pregnant in the summer considered a sport?

Kim said...

yes, you definitely are a sport for being pregnant in the summer! Looks like so much fun. That half marathon looks crazy! How fun to be a part of it!

I miss you . . . and I promise I will call one of these days I remember when it is before midnight!

Brody said...

Thats what you said about this race. I'm not sure I believe you this time. You'll have to come to DC this time.