Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Let me count the ways

We love owning a home! Unfortunetly we don't have any furniture to show off in our new home but we are loving all the extra space for the time being (and easier to clean - quick vacuum, no dusting). There are so many things we love about this home we thought we would share them with you in no particular order

Bryson loves going to the mailbox. He loves when we have letters to mail cause then he can run out first thing in the morning and put them in and put the flag up. Then he is so good at watching all morning for the flag to be down and then runs back out there to get the mail.


Kaitlyn loves having so much space to spread out her toys. She seriously loves to set each one up and it is cute to listen to the makebelieve that takes place while she does it. It is so nice for her to have all that room to play and we still have room to walk around.


Alyssa LOVES having her own room. This is her waking up from a 4 1/2 hour nap. She never could do that in our apartment. Someone always woke her up if she was in the hall or someone eventually would need to get into the bedroom that she was borrowing.


I love these 2 doors!!! The one of the right goes to the laundry room. I love that you have no idea what state my laundry currently is in because the door is closed!!! The best part of that door is that my laundry is not in my kitchen!!!! I love the door on the left because it goes to the basement: "Go play downstairs." "Oh, you want to race and chase, go downstairs." "Hurray, your friends came over to play, take them downstairs." I LOVE HAVING A BASEMENT!!!


We love our swingset in the backyard. While Kevin's dad was here, he and Kevin sealed it and fixed the chains and swings - it looks so nice! Bryson loves doing "tricks" on it.



This is our garden. It doesn't look too good currently but we have great plans for it next summer. If you look really closely, there are lots of stalks in the back part, that is asparagus!!!


This is how much asparagus I cut every other day. We are in asparagus eating heaven!


WE LOVE OUR KITCHEN AND ALL THE SPACE! Sunday after dinner, when dishes were not even done - Kevin and the kids decided to make homemade bread, they even ground their own wheat. I love that there was enough room for them to make bread with even the dinner dishes out!


I LOVE THIS HOME!!!

14 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm sure your home is SO nice for you guys after living in your small apartment for so long! We're way happy for you guys to have such a great house and yard!

Brett said...

Awesome stuff!!! Looks like everyone is really loving it there; the videos are great.

Tanya McKibben said...

Now I am in love with your house! Speaking of going to the mailbox, did you get the powder yet? I am glad you guys are having a good time out there. It's fun to keep up on your life.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOVE the videos! Thanks for taking time to share - it truly does help melt the miles away and allow us to feel a little closer. Isn't technology wonderful? You deserve this big new gorgeous home.

Julianne said...

We are so excited for you. Your home looks beautiful and full of one of the best families I can think of!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home! You deserve every square foot! I love the yard. I'll think of you each Spring when I'm planting veggies in my pots and you are planting in a big fat piece of ground! We love you.

fünf said...

I am staring at your pictures through the eyes of a big green eyed monster. Someday is echoing in my head.

Congrats to some of the nicest people I know!

The Holyoaks said...

How fun, Dacia! Besides the fact that I am somewhat jealous...I'm mostly just excited for you! hahaha - our time will be soon (I hope). Thanks for sharing!

The McGraths said...

I want a swingset for my kids! How fun. Great slidding Bryson! The house looks great but even better you all look and sound so happy to be there! We are very happy for you.

Williams Fam said...

Congrats on the house Dacia!! Hey this is Kate Williams!! So glad I found your blog!! Your house looks beatiful!! Post some more pics!! I love your backyard! How fun for the kids!! So glad you are lovin' it!! WE sure miss you guys here!! Tell the kids and Kevin we said hello!!

Terry and Cathryn said...

We had so much fun looking at your blog. What a great home you have, but more important: Your kids are gorgeous! Congratulations. Terry & Cathryn

Kariana said...

Tell Bryson that he does awesome tricks! It was so nice seeing ya'll I miss you already.
ps Can you e-mail me the picks you took while I was visiting from when we went to that science museum place. Thanks!

Kariana said...

the line picture... we're in line for a rock water slide that was up in the mountains by where we were camping. it was way fun!

MandaMommy said...

Looks awesome Dacia! I'm jealous! We miss you guys over here... The courtyard is more boring now...

Amanda