Sunday, September 23, 2007

Apple Orchard

Since Bryson LIVES for apples I was excited to read in the newspaper about an apple orchard close to here. We went on Saturday and had a great time. It was kids day so they had lots of little kid activities.


They had face painting (the kids actually did "arm" painting)



We went on a wagon ride pulled by a tractor throughout the orchard. Kevin and I ended up enjoying it even more than the kids, who thought it was fun too. We learned tons about growing apples and even got to taste different varieties.


It all ended perfectly as we walked away with apples to make caramel apples with this week and also homemade apple butter!

5 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Yummy! I'm a Fuji fan myself! We have a place close to us called "Apple Hill" - they have great activities and events from Sep-Nov. Looks like you had a great time.

Kim said...

So much fun! I love those kind of activities this time of year. Your kids are so cute - and Alyssa is so big!

Rachel said...

Dacia! I was so excited to see you this summer, and then I found your blog on Kim's! It is so cute. You have such a cute family!! I really miss the apple orchard experience. We had them all over Ohio and the kids loved apple picking days!

Feel free to check out our blog at austinandrachel.blogspot.com

Emily said...

One of my favorite things about Fall is going to apple farms and pumpkin farms. I am sure I enjoy it as much or more than the kids! I miss all our fun carnivals and activities from Stanford!

Julianne said...

It looks like a lot of fun. Seeing how big Bryson and Kaitlynn are getting makes me miss y'all so much!