Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Kaitlyn is 4


Kaitlyn's birthday was yesterday and so much fun! She gets so excited and is happy about anything so it is great to watch her open each little thing! We had an especially great birthday cause G&G Mumford were here to celebrate with us! The gift from Kevin and I was a "new" room. Brenda and I painted the walls pale pink and then I sponged the dresser wall (my first time and thought it turned out just like I wanted!). We then got her a new bedspread, nightstand, lamp, rug... We also got curtains but I am waiting for the rods to arrive so I may have to post an updated photo. It is fun to see her room so cute, before it was the previous owner's office so white walled with lots of nail holes... I had more fun that I even thought I would - watch out for the next project - even though there is still a few things I want to do in Kaitlyn's room :)

14 comments:

Mark and Tamarie said...

Good job on the cake! ;) Although, I thought last year's was pretty cool despite what Kevin said :) Glad you guys are doing well!

Jessica said...

Wow that looks great! I had that same bed growing up!

Brett said...

Cute pictures... you guys really went all out, and it looks great!

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Perfect room for the perfect Princess! Are you sure she's four already???

The McGraths said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! The room looks great. I love the bedding!

Heidi said...

Cute cute cute! Good job on the room, the cake, everything! Kaitly looks so cute and grown up.

Emily S. said...

sweet little Kaitlyn - I can't believe our girls are four year olds now!

Kim said...

I love the room! Isn't it so fun when you have a house to decorate?!

Catie said...

I am highly impressed! The room and Kaitlyn are too cute.

eryn said...

I love all the pink in her room!! What a girlie girl. I can't believe she's 4.

Vanessa said...

that is the cutest pink room!!

Spencer and Katie Mumford and Family said...

Hey Dacia- I'm glad you got the memo on our new blogspot. We like it too, I totally agree with you that it's like christmas cards. Anyways my dad is working in Tuscon for the Air National Guard and has been for over a year. So now with my airline job my mom is able to go see him more often and vice versa. Also I am a ground service agent the person who marshalls in the planes and puts your bags on. I get to do so many cool things I really like it.

karen garner said...

It is as cute as I'd imagined. Glad the sponging turned out so well. I love the bedspread!!
And of course the cutest of all was Kaitlyn. Tell her Grandma thinks she is so beautiful and so is her room.

Rebecca said...

Cute room! And cute Kaitlyn! I think she looks a lot like Shantel.