Thursday, April 3, 2008

Siblings

We have plenty of sibling fights but it is great that they always have a friend to play with. Yesterday Bryson and Kaitlyn headed outside and played for the next 2 hours (no exaggeration). I loved watching them giggling together. They dug for treasure in the sand box, pushed each other on the swings,



chased birds, ran around the garden numerous of times, and just enjoyed being outside



Alyssa had a great time playing in the house (we were secretive about the kids being outside because Alyssa loves being outside but everything was still so wet and muddy and I wasn't in the mood to deal with her covered in mud). One of her favorite things to do is play with the recycling basket - she loves to go through the papers one at a time and then to, of course, throw them all over. The funny thing with this photo is that she is so good about not putting things in her mouth but she loves to do things to make others laugh and you can tell from her face that this is why she put the paper in her mouth.

She also loves playing in "her cupboard", the one that isn't off limits. She once again loves to spread out the dishes everywhere!


She is also a smart one, as soon as I took her photo with the dishes she dashed off and it took me a minute to figure out why she change activities so fast but she went right to the camera case and showed it to me - she knew what we were doing!


I took advantage of the opportunity that all three were playing nice and tried a new recipe: Curried Pumpkin/Apple Soup

8 comments:

Julianne said...

It is so nice to have a "built-in" friend.
Alyssa is so adorable and seems like lots of fun.

Vanessa said...

I can't wait till my girls are old enough to play like that together, so cute :)

Jessica said...

That's like the ideal day--your kids getting along playing outside, your baby being cute and happy inside. Ah--one day. One day I hope to live the same life you do.

Kristin said...

I'm excited for Ben and Josh to be good siblings too. They love each other right now, although they're still at the stage where I have to watch them pretty closely. Fun to see pictures of your kids.

Catie said...

How was your soup?? It looks delicious. We miss you guys, David and Mary would love to play on the swingset with your kids!

The McGraths said...

Too cute. We are getting there but not there yet. We are into the fighting thing and it's not always fun. I wonder if I should let them work it out on there own or get involved. I wish things like this were in an instruction manual that I should have gotten at the hospital when I brought them home! Alyssa is growing so fast. Pretty soon she will be out there with them. How fun!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I love how Alyssa totally "poses" for the camera - I had a couple who seem to follow the camera around all the time, too.

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

Your curried pumpkin apple soup loods good. How was it? Alyssa is getting so big. Can't waite to see you all this summer.