Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dance Recital





Kaitlyn had her first dance recital last week. IT WAS THE BEST!!! She did a polka dot underwear song dance with her class and then they had a special daddy/daughter dance.



Kevin was roped into it and was really not excited when they said that the girls were so little that they really couldn't dance much so the dads would do most the dancing - Kevin was not excited to do "most the dancing", he was there to dance WITH Kaitlyn but I have to say that I am already figuring how to bribe him to do it next year. I LOVED IT!!! He was awesome and to see Kaitlyn's face dancing with him was priceless, she had a ball. Thanks for being a great sport Kevin.

Julia's grandma brought Kaitlyn flowers to the recital - Julia is our neighbor and is in Kaitlyn's preschool and dance class - we love her family!!!


Sorry I didn't get all of it, but this is my amazing dancing husband!!! (they would only let us video tape at the dress rehearsal and yes that it Alyssa hollering in the background that this dress rehearsal has lasted long enough)





11 comments:

Kristin said...

Those dance videos made me laugh out loud!!! You're totally right - the girls hardly danced at all - it was all the dads! That was great! Good dancing Kevin! :)

Middleton said...

Wow! Kevin is awesome. Not only did he do the dance he let you post about it so the whole world can see his moves. Kyle would kill me. That was really cute and I'm sure the girls loved ot. More good daddy points for Kevin!!!

Amy (i can't figure out how to get rid of Avery's name above my comments)

Jeanne Garner said...

OH- that is the nicest dad thing I have ever seen. It is something she will talk about for a long time. IT is so good Kevin is such a good sport. He was awesome!

Julianne said...

Kevin looks like such a fun dad! I bet Kaitlyn had blast.

Catie said...

Very hot! Kevin and Kaitlyn are quite the team.

karen garner said...

Oh oh oh - my "angel" Kaitlyn is way too cute. What a precious smile and cute outfits. (and glad Kevin is a good sport - I'll bet he's glad the pictures are blurry)

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Okay Kevin, I'm voting for you as "Dad of the Year!" Not many dads out there would do that! How lucky for Kaitlyn that you did. (I disagree with Amy, I think Kyle would gladly do it for his girls, too.) We have always thought Kevin was a "keeper" - this just confirms it!

Steve, Candi, Josie, Jackson said...

Hilarious! I especially liked the hopping and waving the hands. Just like Kristin...I had to laugh out loud. Very impressive though that Kevin could learn that whole dance...and I'm sure Kaitlyn had a blast! And I'm sure Josie will want me to do the same type of embarassing things as she gets older too. Yippee!

Rebecca said...

How cute is that!!! I LOVE it!

The McGraths said...

Kevin def. wins the Dad of the year!!! That is so cute. I can't wait to put Cori in dance! Great dancing Kaitlyn!

The Walker Family said...

That is great! Sean loves to dance with Emma but there is NO WAY he would do it with others watching...remind Kevin how lucky he is she will dance with him now because once she's a teen it may be quite different.. :)