Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of School




Last Friday was Bryson's last day of school - I will miss having a kindergartener - such a fun time! We were invited to attend the school's award assembly. Kindergarteners are only able to get 2 of the awards they hand out. Bryson was picked as a winner of the Jeffrey Weiss Creative Writing Contest. (Neither Kevin nor I have ever received an award for being "creative"). We were very impressed with Bryson. We didn't know he had been in a contest but his teacher had commented to me at parent teacher conference about this story that Bryson had written at writing center on the theme "at the end of the rainbow" and she had said how impressed she was that it was all written by him and made sense. They awarded him a book with the winners writings in it. This is what Bryson wrote:

"Once upon a time, I was walking and I saw this big rainbow. I wondered what was at the end of the rainbow so I walked and I almost gave up but I finally reached it, and I found a wand. So I got it, and I turned it into a car, and I drove home."

(Bryson is the handsome one in the light blue shirt)

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Congrats, Bryson! I can't believe you are lucky enough to be done with school in May! We still have until 6/13! Ugh!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

A true literary genius! Congrats Bryson...1 yr down...at least 16 more to go...unless you plan to be a professor like your dad?