Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Only Child


Alyssa loves being an only child more than I even thought she would. Kevin had a conference in North Carolina last weekend and took Bryson and Kaitlyn with him and dropped them off at Grandpa and Grandma Garner's. We will drive out the end of next week and pick them up. I thought Alyssa would be lonely without the kids and you can tell she misses them but she is totally living it up. She loves that she gets to be in control of the schedule during the day and can have the 2 naps she likes to get but seldom does. Even with all the sleep she is getting she still enjoyed herself and slept in one morning 'til 10 and a few mornings later 'til 11. The first few days she was my helper in making sure the house was clean and organized from top to bottom. The first morning she was handing me the laundry, a piece at a time, and when she came to a wash cloth, she shook her head that she wouldn't give it to me and then proceeded to spend the next 15-20 minutes wiping the floor and the doors. She is going to be good little worker when she gets just a bit bigger.





Kevin and I are loving the honeymoon at home and the kids were both screaming with excitement on the phone today when I talked to them about all the fun they are having. We are just hoping that this won't kill off Grandpa and Grandma:) Thank you mom and dad (and Riley), we really owe you!!!

8 comments:

Garn said...

she is a cutie

karen garner said...

what a precious sweetheart - she has changed so much - I'm counting the days til we get to see her . . .

The McGraths said...

So fun! I know my Jason would love that! Jake and Cori started preschool this week and Jason is lovin the alone time with Mommy. Even if it's only a couple of hours! I bet your parents are having a blast!

Kariana said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe how big she has gotten. I miss ya'll so much!!

Julianne said...

That is fun - Alyssa is so cute. It is nice to have at least one who enjoys helping out.

Rebecca said...

She looks just like her daddy!

Vanessa said...

She is to cute :) I love all these girls the family is having!

Vanessa said...

Please forward onto anyone you think would like this...

I am doing my first giveaway on my Parent Blog

www. inevergrewup. net

Just comment on the post for the free Peter Pan Disney movie to win!

Even if you don't have kids if you have cousins, nephew, nieces, grandchildren, that would enjoy it POST A COMMENT!

www. inevergrewup. net



The next giveaway will be 2 children's art smocks along with art supplies so keep on checking back!

Thanks!
-Vanessa