Thursday, January 22, 2009

What is cold


It is funny how perspectives can change with the weather. Last week the kids had 2 days of school cancelled because it was too cold. One of those mornings when we got up it was -15. We were glad there was no school cause we loved that we could just hide inside and didn't have to leave. It has been a bit warmer and yesterday it was 26 so when Bryson got home from school him and Alyssa went outside and played on the slide and in the snow. It almost felt felt like spring yet when I thought of the temperature I couldn't believe that this is now what we think of as warm!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Crazy!! I remember I used to think that below freezing was just plain cold and above 90 was just plain hot. But after living in Wisconsin and Texas I know that every 10 degrees makes a huge difference! They just got a 30 degree warm up. Sweet! They're getting so big... still so cute, too!

Seamore Tomato said...

We understand! Today it's 39 degrees out and it does feel a bit like spring. It's crazy to feel that way after such cold weather! The kids are so fun and cute - I can't believe how much they've changed. How is your new job going? I want to hear more about it! And I also need a reminder on that photo book company you were telling me about. I might start doing them. We'll talk soon!

Carrie Stevenson said...

I've been thinking of you guys when I've heard about the crazy weather out there. Glad to hear you're staying warm!