Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bryson

Bryson has had us laughing several times that I just had to share.

#1 - For birthdays in our house that person gets to choose what we have for breakfast and dinner. On Kaitlyn's birthday she had chosen pancakes for breakfast. While we were eating breakfast Bryson comments that he loves pancakes too and will choose it for his breakfast. He then asked Kaitlyn about dinner. Kaitlyn said we were having pizza. Bryson said he wanted pizza for his birthday dinner too and then he said, "If we can't have pizza, I want lettuce." Kevin told him he could have lettuce AND pizza for his birthday dinner and could even have some lettuce that night with Kaitlyn's birthday dinner. I wish lettuce would put some fat on his bones since he likes it so much.

#2 - Bryson loves to argue/discuss things. One night he was headed to the shower and I reminded him that he needs to not run from his room to the bathroom naked and after his shower he needs a towel on when he heads to his room. He proceeded to have a long discussion about how fast he runs so no one will see him, he didn't think my explanations were convincing... After discussing it for a bit I was trying to explain that it isn't hard to just keep a towel around himself and go to his bedroom, he looked at me and said, "It is just a waste of time." There really wasn't anything I could say back:)

We gave Bryson our old digital camera when we got a new one for Christmas. He has had fun taking hundreds of photos and videos. Most of them are not worth much:) but I loved these 2 videos he took of himself doing his job for that day - throwing the laundry down the stairs and then bringing it to the laundry room.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

So funny! Our camera actually broke while we were in San Diego (the screen broke). So we unfortunately had to buy a new one while we were there - and Ben wanted our old one so badly! It still takes pictures, you just can't really tell what it is taking since the display is broken. But he took pictures the whole rest of our trip - of everything!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Hmmm...it's just a waste of time? Maybe I'll try it...:)

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

How funny, what a good kid! The towel story is the best:~)

Jacquelyn said...

Hah! Those stories made my day!

Mark and Tamarie said...

Great stories! I love the one about the towel - that sounds just like Bryson. Kevin's parents told us the one about playing games with them and Bryson saying Gary was the 3rd winner and Kaitlyn said, no Grandpa you're the loser. Hilarious kids you have!

Linda and Rex said...

I think he gets his reasoning from his Dad. Smart boy.

karen garner said...

he's just too cute - I'd bet his Grandpa would say it was a waste of time too. (men - hmpf)
Tell him grandma said he did a great job on the pics he took. I MISS HIM

Middleton said...

Kyle and I were just talking about the fact that all little boys like being naked. Kyle thought Kenyon's need to come out of the bathroom naked and holding his jammies was because he has 3 sisters... I will have to show him this. TOo funny! Oh and I love the videos... he's so cute and so BIG!