Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birthdays

It has been a bit since my birthday but I had to share a few fun things from it.

My birthday cake - homemade crepes with nutella and strawberries - thanks Kevin!

I didn't like the tradition of buying presents for the kids to give at birthdays - so the kids have started making things for presents. Kaitlyn usually just wraps up an old book or toy of hers but Bryson has made some really creative gifts.

This was my present from Kaitlyn. She is quite proud that she can read and write a few words.

This was from Bryson. A page from the gold plates. He has always been so good about coming up with great ideas for projects - he came up with this all on his own.

After Bryson saw me get excited and be so grateful to Kaitlyn for her paper with mom written on it he rushed over while I was still opening presents and wrote on a paper and gave this to me also. (He was trying to do it quick and my name is hard to spell:)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Love your birthday cake... that's the way to celebrate! Cute broccoli photos, too. What a kiddo! I used to be famous as my mom's only child who LOVED squash. I still do love it. But I think I loved it even more as a kid because of all the extra attention I got because of it. The middle child in me.

Mark and Tamarie said...

Oooooooh, we definitely miss Kevin's Crepes. We loved watching bryson squirt more and more lemon juice on his. Happy Birthday Dacia! We hope you guys are doing great!

amber said...

Dacia! Your kids are gorgeous. Happy belated birthday! I always think of you guys when we have crepes--what a fun treat.

Call us next time you're in UT... We'll do dinner.

And that train mural is breathtaking. What a talented friend you have.