Sunday, November 8, 2009

Washington DC


Kevin had a conference in DC and I got to tag along!!! Thanks to our great tour guide, Brody, we were able to fit in some great site-seeing...

Natural History Museum

Brody and Dacia at the Einstein Monument

World War II Monument

Air and Space Museum

Cupcakes - Long story but I wanted to try the trend of a cupcake shop - Kevin wasn't too impressed and even less when he saw there was a line and that each cupcake was $2.75 but Brody waited in the line (actually several times because we were late) and Kevin didn't even pay for his cupcake. I don't know why I forced him to get one but I did and he did like it even though he continued to make comments. I was impressed though and would even go back!

Thanks Brody for spoiling us rotten in DC and thanks Kariana for spoiling us rotten by watching the kids so we could have this fabulous getaway.

9 comments:

Kim said...

so fun! I am so jealous! It looks like you had fun. I can so hear Kevin making remarks about the cupcakes and it makes me laugh out loud. I miss you!

The Walker Family said...

What fun! I'm glad you guys were able to make that trip :)

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I love DC + I've heard a lot about these designer cupcakes - I'd stand in line and pay 3 bucks for one, too! Kevin, don't be a cupcake Grinch!

The Holts said...

You guys always go on fun outings together. That sounds like a great trip! Just wanted to say that we missed seeing you guys when you were in Utah by just a few days. By the time you came, we were back in Logan. Hope you guys are doing great! Love, Shelley

craziness said...

dude--you guys are always going on trips! do you ever stay home???

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

What a nice little trip! Except you guys went at the wrong time of year:)

Rochelle said...

Why are we never in D.C. at the same time????????? Miss you Dacia. How fun to get away with your sweetheart!

karen garner said...

I'd already looked at these pics - thought I'd commented but I guess not. Sounds like it was a super fun trip. Brody said he sure loved having you come!!

Lexie said...

I'm so glad you put your blog address on the back of your Christmas card, it's so fun to read up and see the fun things you guys are doing! I'm sad that we didn't get to see you wehn you were out this way, but it looks like you had a fabulous tour guide anyway! Send me your email and I'll invite you to our blog - tlborg@hotmail.com. Merry Christmas!