Thursday, February 15, 2007

I deserve sympathy



I decided since I have a blog, I should use it to get some sympathy. Kevin is out of town (currently interviewing at Purdue) and we had to have this crazy adventure without him. Let me begin at the beginning... I woke up at 2:30am to a scratching in the wall - words can't give all the details but it was loud and sounded like it could enter my room at any moment. I went out and shut the door and put a towel at the bottom of the door (the pest control man said it was pointless cause they can chew through cloth but at least I would know if it got out). Anyways, after some deep breaths, I went back in with a flashlight and confirmed that no rat had come into the room, yet. Anyways, I can't live without my husband, so I had to call and wake him up to help me think properly. Anyways, I was able to convince housing to have pest control come out at 3am. Now after having them here several times today and maintance here to block any potential holes, we are hopefully prepared for tonight. They found an opening at the top corner of the roof. The rats climbed up the boards and then chewed through a board to make an opening into the attic, then they have access to the walls. Anyways, here are the traps that are set up by the hole in the roof and then we have several in the house set up and several in the backyard. I am hoping for a quieter night, maybe a few traps going off but at least that means they are not coming in. (We know we have been here TOO long when we have dealt with bees in the kids wall, ants, and rats)

4 comments:

Kim said...

I would be totally freaking out! Just reading about it gives me the chills. I am so sorry that it had to happen when Kevin was gone!

Julianne said...

That is not good - I am impressed pest control came out at 3am though. I am sorry you have had so many pests, maybe that will make leaving a little easier? (probably not though)

Catie said...

You deserve more than sympathy! I wish we were there, Steve and I would have come over at 3am to be there with you! I agree with Julianne though, lately Steve and I have been missing CA more than ever, pests or no pests, leaving California/the Stanford experience is tough.

Jessica said...

Ha ha, isn't that the way it always works? It has to happen while your husband is gone. I can't tell you how many times something like that happened to my mom when my dad was gone. I'm sorry Dacia! Keep us updated!