Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Ultimate Hair Cut






For those who didn't hear the wonderful story of Kaitlyn's adorable hair cut... Bryson and Kaitlyn came upstairs while I was getting ready. Bryson says, "Kaitlyn's hair is like yours mom." I am thinking he means that we have the same color or something. Kaitlyn comes in the bathroom and I notice a little chunk of hair cut, I ask Bryson what happened, he said, "I cut her hair". I then looked closer and noticed more than a chunk was cut - for once I didn't lose my cool immediately and went and asked Bryson why he cut Kaitlyn's hair. He so innocently looked at me and said, "so she would have short pretty hair like yours." What do I say to that. I asked him to do quiet time in his room while I dealt with the sitatuation. I went downstairs and saw that they had "set up shop." A chair was next to the garbage and the garbage was filled with long beautiful hair. I called Kevin up and told him everything was fine but that Kaitlyn no longer had long hair and then I cried. We took her to a beautician and she gave her a cute style. The beautician commented that we are lucky he didn't cut her to the scalp, she said she has had to shave little girls' hair before. Anways, she was impressed with how good Bryson did but Bryson was quick to point out with my help that he will NEVER do it again. We had a great talk and hopefully will not have this experience again (at least with Bryson or Kaitlyn). If you can't tell, Bryson's cut is the first three photos and the beauticians repair is the last 2.

7 comments:

Holly Hoffman said...

You've completed another right of passage in the journey of parenthood. I think everyone has a story like that. Dove cut Reagan's hair when they were 4 and 2 and I remember beautiful curls in the garbage and crying. Great job handling the situation - but of course you would do great, you're a fantastic mom!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, Dacia! At a birthday lunch for one of my friends, the girls quietly played beauty shop and the one with the long blonde curls walked away with a rockin' mullet... I'm with the hair dresser-- it could have been so much worse.

Cindimac said...

You are so lucky Bryson is a good hairstylist. Tell your husband he will make a fine beautician one day. When he grows a little bit send him to my house so he can help me with some of my clients! Just remember it could have been worse. Sorry you had to deal with that. It's so hard to grow there hair out. But her new "do" looks so cute!

Garn said...

Again, didn't you cut some hair as a kid? It seems I remember that, and you hid it behind Grandma's TV. I guess it is true, you get what you diserve, or what you gave to your parents. That is not a good thing for me.

Jessica said...

Ha ha! That's hillarious. Didn't your dad do that with Dennis when he was little? It looks cute though--you can't tell.

Dacia said...

You are right in that I did the same thing but to myself and I didn't do as good as a job as Bryson. Kevin was also the one who was quick to remember the story and told the kids. We were sure to let them know that I never cut my own hair again. It is totally funny that you remember my dad did Dennis's also cause I now remember that but hadn't before. Watch out Chris for what your kids are going to pay back to you!!!

Terry and Cathryn said...

Dacia it's in the genes! I remember the day you cut your hair.
What cute kids you have. This blog thing is great keep it up.
Aunt Cathy