Monday, October 29, 2007

Man of his word







We had recently bought a bunch of bulbs to plant in our yard. Last week at dinner Kevin asked us if for family night we wanted to plant bulbs. We thought it sounded fun. Well when he got home, it was raining. It was just sprinkling at the time and he asked the kids if they still wanted to do it. YES! was their reply. He thoughtfully said I could stay inside and "take care of Alyssa". Kevin and the kids headed outside, by that time it was raining quite hard. It is hard to tell in the photos but in all of them, the rain is pouring down. I don't think Kevin thought it was the funnest experience he has ever had but the kids were singing and dancing in the rain and thought it was a party! Thanks Kevin for being a great dad!

6 comments:

Kim said...

isn't it so fun to plant flowers/stuff around your own house?! We planted some bulbs this fall and I can hardly wait for spring to see our work!

Emily S. said...

a fun adventure AND you got your bulbs planted! Great.

Garn said...

what a good Dad!

Kariana said...

I love the kids rain boots... I need to get me a pair of bright green or yellow rain boots, sadly I don't think they would look as good on me as they do on them.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Kevin, I'm so proud of you - what a great memory for the kids to remember next spring when they see the results of your soggy experience. That's the stuff that great dad's are made of.

Kristin said...

Where did you find those boots for your kids? I'd love to get some for Benjamin!