Wednesday, October 17, 2007

North Carolina

Alyssa and I spend a few days in North Carolina. Thanks for Kevin and some great friends who made it possible. Kevin "worked" from home while watching the kids. They had a great time but he was ready to get back to his "official" job. It was funny cause he said that the first day that the kids kept calling him mom... "mom I want a drink" or "mom will you get me.." When I got home, the first day I had lots of laughs and loved that they kept calling me dad. I tried to let them know that it was okay but they still switched the habit to asking mom to help with everything.

We went to see my amazing friend Catie and her precious 2 lb. 4 oz. baby. I treasured the little bit of time with them. And loved the time I got to spend with Mini Catie and Mini Steve, I mean Mary and David. There were really several moments that I felt like I was back in time seeing Catie and Steve as toddlers, we won't comment on which was cuter as a toddler than an adult! Bryson and Kaitlyn were so envious of me and Alyssa and can't wait 'til Thanksgiving when they will get to see David and Mary themselves.

Kaitlyn would have been proud to see David reading each of her grandma's chocolate cookbooks. He seriously looked at each one a page at a time and had to show me almost each picture.



Both David and Mary would have made Kevin and Bryson pleased with the popcorn eating and not even letting the tiniest piece go to waste.


Alyssa was entertained the entire time. They were so cute with her and will be great with Sarah.



David and Mary did love when Riley would come home from school. He rose to the occasion and was a great help.






Thanks to mom and dad for all they did! Catie and Steve we love you. Thanks for sharing your precious little ones with me!!!

2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Welcome back! Riley is soooo big! Thanks for sharing the pix. Glad you had a good time - you deserve a break. We miss you guys.

Julianne said...

I am so glad you were able to go see Catie and meet Sarah - you are such a super friend.

I think little Steve and little Catie are pretty adorable too!