Sunday, May 6, 2007

House Hunting Trip

Baby Alyssa has been so good to us. She is such a good baby and doesn't complain about anything.
She has continued to be her perfect self even though her room is in the hall. (I love my precious babies but I can't sleep with all the noises they make in the night when they are in our room.)I will give Alyssa most the credit for being a good sleeper but I do have to give a little of the credit to the miracle blanket. It is truly a miracle. It keeps her so snuggley at night that she sleeps GREAT! (last night she went 8 1/2 hours and she is 7 weeks old!!!)

We went to Indiana last weekend. It all started off fabulous when our hotel gave us room with 2 bedrooms.
Alyssa was ecstatic that for the first time, she was going to get her own room. We told her to get used to it, in our new house, she would have her own room!!!



We bought a house!!! After looking at 10 or so homes in the area, we found one we really liked and we LOVE the neighborhood. We had originally planned to house hunt for several days but homes in the neighborhood were going fast and this one already had an offer on it so we had to move fast.

We couldn't be happier. We were able to be there for the inspection before we left town and the inspector looked at me at one point and said that I looked like I couldn't stop smiling, like this was too good to be true. I told him that it was exactly how I felt. We love our home and LOVED the area - walk to church and elementary school, Kevin can bike to work, park across the street, lots of young families, even a family just 5 doors with a boy Bryson's age and a girl Kaitlyn's age.


This is the kids' favorite part. There is a play structure in our backyard, by the blueberry bushes,that they are leaving for us.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

We are so excited for you guys! The house looks incredible! I can't believe how fast Alyssa is growing up! She is such a doll!

The McGraths said...

Congratulations on the house.

Garn said...

Congrats on the house!

Julianne said...

That is awesome!!! Alyssa is so beautiful. I hope everything goes smoothly with the new home.

Jessica said...

Wow! That is so nice! Keep me updated--and post pics of the inside when you get a chance!

The Holyoaks said...

Congrats Dacia! How exciting!

Emily said...

Okay, now you are just making it really hard not to be jealous! Love the house! and so jealous of the neighborhood factor, walkind to church and school factor, and all else! Alyssa is very cute! Where is the house located?
Emily

Heidi said...

Hi, Dacia...I'm Heidi...Kim's friend. Just blog hopping a bit this evening and really curious about the miracle blanket? We are expecting #3 any day and would love some insight to that. Also, where in Indiana are you moving to? My sister lives in Spencer. Just curious. I'll check back another day...please fill me in on the blanket! Thanks!

Dacia said...

Hi Heidi! We are moving to West Lafayette. To tell you the truth, I don't know Indiana at all to even know if it is close to Spencer of even where Spencer is. About the miracle blanket... You can check it out at www.miracleblanket.com - I have friends who have tried various swaddling blankets but they are bulky or noisy with velcro. Anyways, this is the favorite I have seen, light material so even on hot days she can be swaddled and then it is just lots of material so she can be wrapped tight. I tried to swaddle my other kids but by the time they were a few weeks, the could pull their arms out. Alyssa is now 2 months and can't get her arms out. The website explains why it helps with sleep more than just comfort but I believe it. Alyssa consistently sleeps 7 hours each night and slept one night last week all the way through the night. If you have more questions, feel free to e-mail me at dmumford@gmail.com

Heidi said...

It looks like you'll be about two hours north of my sister. She loves Indiana...I hope you do too! What will you be doing there?

I ordered my miracle blanket! I am very excited! I'll let you know how it works out for us!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Perfect Home for the Perfect little family. We will miss you guys so so so much! Love, your favorite Aunt Jenny

fünf said...

Dacia,
Those pics of EV brought back some memories... I am sure you will be very sad to move to such a gorgeous home, but I am sure you will make it somehow.

Some day I might graduate to suburbia...