Thursday, May 24, 2007

No Training Wheels

Bryson has been begging for months to have me take his training wheels off his bike. But, being pregnant and then having a baby I had no desire to teach him how to ride without training wheels. Finally I thought since I could run now, why not. Well I could have taken them off a long time ago because he did it all by himself without me helping at all.

This is a video of him with his training wheels on for the last time. If you look closely you can see how he has been practicing to ride and even start and stop without the training wheels touching.



Here is a video of Bryson riding without his training wheels for the very first time. I seriously did not have visions of me being able to video his first try, I pictured me having to hold the back of the seat while running.



Bryson was excited but was kind of like, "of course I can do it". I was ecstatic, I still can't believe I have a kid old enough to ride his bike without training wheels.

7 comments:

Brett said...

That's awesome!!! He's considerably younger than I was when I finally learned how to ride a "big boy bike"... he's also considerably more fearless than I ever was too.

Catie said...

Tell him we said "congratulations"! He and David would get a kick out of riding together these days. David is super fast (with his training wheels), not like when we left Stanford-- they would love it. We've got to get them together, sometime???!!!

fünf said...

He's a pro! Sam loves riding his bike around here- with training wheels. They have these really cool bikes here without pedals that the kids start on and learn their balance and then they move right to regular bikes. It's crazy! There are literally 2 year old kids riding around on regular bikes.

Jessica said...

WOW! I'm amazed how successful he was his first try! Good for him!

Julianne said...

I just can't believe he is that big! I really miss seeing your little ones.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

WOW! Bryson you are WAY COOL! I am so proud of you. love, your favorite aunt jenny

The Horners said...

that's so cute! yay for bryson!!!